Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Musings

I'm not sure how this happened, but Monday crept up again. I overslept, skipped my coffee, and rushed to get ready. I didn't get a post written and scheduled, thus the late posting today. Better late then never?

Struggling to really complete full sentences, today's post is a ramble of random thoughts in my head that I'm calling "Monday Musings," because it sounds better than "Random Thoughts on a Day I Over-Slept From a Brain That Thinks Too Much." 




If you've ever wanted a peek into my brain (I'm sure you haven't), here we go.


  • I could really use a cup of coffee right now, but I am trying to slowly cut out cream and sugar when I drink it. That makes it not quite as tasty. But I might do it anyway for the caffeine...
  • I have a doctors appointment today. Nothing big, just routine. But it's a doctors appointment. Meh.
  • Poor Piper, all alone at home. I wonder if she found the treat I hid in her crate this morning. I wonder what she's doing. Probably sleeping. She slept most of the weekend, even when I wanted to play. Puppies sleep a lot...
  • One reason I don't despise Mondays, at least this time of year, is because The Bachelor comes on. I'm hosting tonight, and Casey will come over for dinner. I need to pick up a few ingredients, but I'm planning to make homemade burgers and sweet potato fries. Because, yummy.
  • Can you believe that Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday? I'm so glad. I hate to lose an hour of sleep, but gladly welcome longer days and more sunshine. Oh, and warmer weather. And - the first day of Spring is in 18 days!
  • Speaking of warmer weather, the high on Wednesday is supposed to be in the 70s! Hallelujah!
  • I get to see my sisters and mom this weekend. We're meeting in Atlanta for some shopping and girl time. It's also my oldest sister's birthday next week, so I get to tell her "Happy Birthday" in person. Piper will be joining me, and I hope our niece Avia will as well. It's a "girl's weekend," after all, and they are girls...so it's only fair to include them.
  • I had a dream last night that we went on a family cruise somewhere near India. I'm not sure where. But there were friends from high school there, and we were trying to get into sororities (??), and guess who I saw. My Aunt Linda. She was sitting beside my Aunt Kathy, and looked wonderful. Healthy, happy, smiling...I went over and hugged both of them at the same time, and My Aunt Kathy and I were both crying, but Aunt Linda was smiling. I think that's a sign, don't you? It was great to see her looking so healthy.
  • I have a lot on my plate right now, personally and professionally. Not bad, just a lot. My brain feels a bit like mush. I need to get a good list going and get to work. And, something I'm not great at, prioritize things. I'm a "yes" person and a people pleaser, so I tend to prioritize everything at the same level of importance. #fail
  • Spencer is traveling internationally this week for work, which is fun for him but I hate not being able to talk to him whenever I want. Piper and I can't wait until he comes home! Why can't there be free Wi-Fi worldwide?
  • I did a lot of cleaning this weekend, which was awesome. I love being in my house when it's really clean. It's much more relaxing. If only it would stay that way...

I'm cutting myself off there. One thought leads to another, so this could go on all day. I'll spare you.

What Monday Musings do you have to share? Obviously, they can be totally random. I'd love to see what's going on in your head - hopefully it will make me feel less crazy. ;)



Until next time - - 


4 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one whose brain works like that! Loved the dream, definitely a sign. See you ladies soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not the only one who skipped their coffee on Monday. We had NO coffee in our house. I just don't know how I let that happen. I'm super late at reading your post but all day today I thought it was Tuesday until 3:00 when I realized it was actually Wednesday. I'm blaming it on my crappy start on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I guess that's better than it being Tuesday and you're thinking it's Wednesday? Get that coffee situation worked out STAT! I'm drinking some as I type this :) Ahhh.

      Delete