Monday, November 3, 2014

I know, I know...It's Monday

It is, in fact, Monday again. But that just means that you need to find something to make the day great! And I have just the thing.

Remember my friend Casey from our Mountain Weekend? Well, she used up some of her apples from our visit to Barber's Orchard to make a yummy treat - and has been kind enough to share her recipe with us!

I recommend you make this tonight to improve your Monday. And if you do, please have me over?

_______________________________________________________

"Yum, Yum, eat um up!" 
Or at least that’s what I tell Colin when he devours his food.

Being the good friend that I am, I sent Morgan step-by-step pictures of me making a delicious apple pie with the apples that we bought from Barber’s Orchard! (See post here.) She then responded back, “Want to write a post for me??” 
Well, sure! Given all the free time that I have (sarcastic). Buttttt the recipe is too easy and tasty not to share!  You’re welcome! :) 

I found the recipe on Pinterest (Am I the only one that goes to Pinterest for EVERYTHING??? Google who?).  

Ingredients:
  • Two Pie Crusts
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg {I didn’t have this and didn’t miss it.}
  • Dash of salt
  • 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
  • 2 TB butter or margarine

Directions:

  • Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
  • Cut apples into small pieces.
  • In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
  • Stir in apples.



  • Cover the apples with your top pie crust.



  • Bake at 450 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until the crust is browned.




  • And, do like I did and top with vanilla ice cream.  "YUMMY IN MY TUMMY," as I say when Colin finishes his food.  If he were old enough to have some, he would devour this, too! ....If there is any left-over...mwahhhh!





 Happy Fall, y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment