Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blog-tember Challenge: Get to Know Morgan

I'm back! 

So, I have read a lot of fun posts from Bailey Jean's "2015 Blog-tember Challenge" which I am hoping will help me get back in the blogging game more consistently. Things have been crazy busy, but I will do my best! I'm a day late, but bare with me...

The first prompt is an introduction of moi. So, instead of giving the very basics (which you can find on my "About YDD" page), I thought I'd get more specific. So here goes!






  • FAVORITE FOOD? 
    • I'm not sure I can pick one - I love my momma's biscuits and gravy, I love filet mignon, seafood, and chocolate covered strawberries. :) I could go on!
  • FLIP FLOPS or HIGH HEELS? 
    • I love the look of heels, but honestly would rather be barefoot :)
  • FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOP...FOR ME! 
    • Ann Taylor, AT Loft, Target, Banana Republic, JCrew
  • STANDARD COFFEE ORDER? 
    • I like to stray every now and again, but generally a regular coffee with steamed whole milk. 
  • ROAD TRIP MUST HAVE SNACK? 
    • Swedish Fish :)
  • DIY or HIRE IT OUT? 
    • I suppose it depends - generally DIY (but my husband would say otherwise haha)
  • TOP 5 TV SHOWS? 
    • Top 5? Wow. Um, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Fixer Upper, Astronaut Wives Club, Barefoot Contessa, and Criminal Minds (random, huh?).
  • FAVORITE BOOK? 
    • Gone with the Wind. <3
  • FAVORITE FORM OF EXERCISE? 
    • Never thought I'd say (type?) this, but a short jog. I'm not into the long runs yet, but I enjoy 2-3 easy miles.
  • HOW TALL ARE YOU? 
    • 5'1. And every bit counts.
  • DO YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW AT RESTAURANTS OR STICK TO YOUR FAVORITES? 
    • I love to try new things, but will only do so if I feel I can trust the chefs not to disappoint!
  • ONE MAKEUP ITEM YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT? 
    • Mascara. I just feel like I look sleepy without it! Well, I might be...
  • WHAT'S ON YOUR NIGHTSTAND? 
    • Right now, there are 3 books, a book light, lamp, picture of Spencer, and a dish with: hand cream, face cream, lavender oil, petroleum jelly (for my overnight lip treatment) and cuticle oil.
  • ONE THING MOTHERHOOD HAS TAUGHT YOU? 
    • Well, I'm only "mother" to a furbaby right now, so I'll go with that. Piper has taught me that no matter what I have going on in my life, her needs always come first. She also is a great reminder that at the end of the day, love and puppy kisses are all we really need to feel good!
  • MUSIC THAT REMINDS YOU OF HIGH SCHOOL?
    • I have a DVD of our senior slideshow filled with songs - a few are "You and Me" by Lifehouse, "Best of Me" by Starting Line, and "Crazy Game of Poker" by OAR.
  • IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD OTHER THAN YOUR CURRENT CITY, WHERE? 
    • Tough. This will likely change a lot, but right now I would say London. It's beautiful, historical, clean, easy to get around, and full of fun things to do. Plus, I could meet up with my BFF Kate Middleton for tea!
  • TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOU WE MIGHT NOT KNOW. 
    • I'm pretty much an open book. But I guess not many people know that I can pick things up with my toes...? haha Also, I really love lists. But that's not surprising to most.
  • WEBSITES YOU READ // BROWSE (besides blogs):
    • She Reads Truth, Influence Network, local news sites
  • MORNING PERSON or NIGHT OWL? 
    • Night Owl. I would stay up late every night doing things if I didn't have to get up early for work.
  • WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE CHORE? 
    • I love to clean the kitchen - instant gratification! Plus, I love to spend time there, and enjoy it more when it's clean. My least favorite chore is cleaning the shower. It's one of those necessary evils, I suppose. Why won't it just stay clean!?

Brave Love Blog



Until next time - - 



12 comments:

  1. Why you gotta be so pretty?! Stop it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short girls unite! I'm only 5 feet tall (exactly). I also love fixer upper and Criminal Minds (I've been known to watch a marathon of them). I love always getting to know more about other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yay for shorties! :) I agree - it's so fun to read more about my online buds!

      Delete
  3. Wow that was quite the list! But mascara is the one make up item I can't live without. It's actually the only thing I wear on a daily basis, everything else depends on the time I have to get ready... but mascara, if there's one thing I learned from my grandma it's that you don't leave the house without it. lol.
    I also love lists and short jogs. Picking up clutter is my favorite chore because of the instant gratification of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmothers are so full of life wisdom. :) I love any cleaning with instant gratification! Vacuuming is also a good one.

      Delete
  4. I was not surprised by any of this, but would be ashemed of myself if I had been. Thanks to your girls, one of my very favorite books was the same as yours. The need for mascara increases proportionately with age....sorry to say. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post and getting to know you better. And at least half my answers would be the same :) I heart all your favorite tv shows too, its the perfect mix! Mascara transforms! Scarlet O'Hara is the best! Oh and I'm 5ft. Short people unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! We have a ton in common - our match was a great one!!

      Delete
  6. I love how you did this, Morgan! Swedish Fish are absolutely delicious. I'm also 5'1"! Talk to me about Astronaut Wives Club. I wanted to watch it but I never had a chance to catch it when it was on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait wait wait. Since when are you 5'1"?!

    ReplyDelete