Friday, August 7, 2015

Recipe: Guacamole Zucchini Pasta

Welcome back! Hope you've all had a great week.

Today I wanted to share a really simple recipe I made for dinner this week (remember, we are currently on our 21 day sugar detox - post here). It is a great recipe for anyone wanting a light dinner, something healthy, vegetarian, or even vegan! It's also really easy to customize with anything else you want to add - meats, additional vegetables, cheese, you name it.






Guacamole Zucchini Pasta

Ingredients:

  • 2 large zucchinis, spiralized*
  • Olive Oil
  • 2 avocados
  • 2 handfuls (my technical cooking term) of cherry tomatoes - I used multiple colors
  • 1/2 cup minced cilantro
  • Seasonings: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
  • Lime juice
If I make it again, I will probably add diced red onion for some extra texture.

*I have also seen where some will just cut really long and very thin strips in place of using a spiralizer. I got mine from Williams Sonoma and love it - I think it's absolutely worth the investment. Here is a video of Spencer going to town on the zucchini:




Directions:
  • Spiralize your zucchinis (I used the smallest blade, but would next time do them thicker - they came out like angel hair pasta, which is a little too thin for this recipe).
  • Once they're finished, take the "noodles" and place them in a strainer in the sink. Sprinkle with some salt and toss to coat. Let them sit  for about 15 minutes to allow the excess water to drain. After, you can press with some paper towels to soak up the rest.
  • Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on medium to medium-high heat, and add the "noodles."
  • While those heat, move to a separate bowl and add the diced avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and some salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth (this is your "guacamole"). 
  • Once the zucchini noodles are cooked to your liking, put the avocado mixture into the pan and toss. Add the halved cherry tomatoes at the end so they do not get cooked.
That's it! Then you can plate and eat. This would also be a great side dish, or could be kept in the refrigerator and served cold.




Enjoy!


Until next time - - 



2 comments:

  1. Morgan, This looks so good! I will certainly make it for myself but I'm certain my avocado resistant husband wouldn't!. Just more for me! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No avocado!? Goodness, is he ever missing out! You're right though - more for the rest of us ;) Hope you love it!

      Delete