Friday, July 3, 2015

Celebrating the 4th in Style

Happy Independence Day (tomorrow)!

Isn't this a fun holiday? I love the colors, the food, the activities, and the drinks. It's all fun, and it's all patriotic. I also have to mention how important it is, while grilling, eating, and having a great time, that we remember the reason for this fun holiday. It is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from Great Britain. And as much as I love the royal family, I sure am grateful for that!




Another fun thing about the 4th? Picking out a patriotic outfit! If you need some inspiration, check out these images (sources linked under the pictures), and feel free to share any others with me on my Pinterest board, America the Beautiful!



On the Water
Planning to spend some time at the pool, on the beach, or at the lake? Consider the obvious swim suit, protect yourself from the sun and wind in something more covered, but either way - make it fun and comfortable!


Source

Source

Source


At a Parade
If your plans include a parade, I am jealous. It's been so long since I have been to a parade, and I love them! Did I hear it's now against the law to throw candy? That's a shame. Anyway, you'll definitely want to be cool and comfortable to enjoy the show. 



Source

nautical


Source Unknown


Attending a Picnic or BBQ
These are always fun on the 4th because the food is always one of the best parts of the holiday! Grilling, salads, fruit, and yummy cold desserts - it's all wonderful! 


 Source Link Broken

Source

Source


Watching Fireworks
Of course, the classic Independence Day activity is watching fireworks. Whether you shoot them at home, or attend a show that is put on by your city or a local organization, you need to look the part!


Source

Source

Source


Going to a Baseball Game
It's America's Favorite Pastime. That's right - baseball. Nothing quite says "I love America!" than attending a baseball game (and enjoying a hot dog, of course). Here are some outfits you might consider wearing...


Source

Source

Source


Whatever your plans are for the holiday weekend, I hope that you have a wonderful and safe time, and that you look fabulous! ;)


Until next time - - 




4 comments:

  1. i love this! since the 4th is my favorite holiday, i always try and wear something festive (usually like one of those casual baseball outfits!) but i love the idea for dressier things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's such a fun holiday, and definitely one where getting dressed is super fun :) Hope you had a great one!!

      Delete
  2. I love those red shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I am kind of obsessed with that whole outfit.

      Delete