Friday, December 12, 2014

Get the Skinny on Squash!

Happy Friday! I hope you've enjoyed a fun and productive week. The temperatures here in SC have gotten pretty brisk, and I keep forgetting to take my coat to work. 

#fail #oldhabits  

That is just one of the few disadvantages of going from garage (home) to garage (work). I have little to complain about - seriously.





So, let me bring back an oldie. Do you remember my Butternut Squash Soup recipe?  I made it again for our Biltmore Inspired Thanksgiving meal. I also have a delicious recipe for a squash casserole that I need to share with y'all.

This may seem random, but remember when we painted our Halloween pumpkins? Well guess what - pumpkins are also in the squash family!

We have a love of squash (and cousins of squash) around our home, both for eating and decorating purposes, and 'tis the season for squash!

Health Perch has a GREAT article on all things squash - various types (yes, including pumpkins), how to keep them, health benefits, ways to prepare them...any questions you ever thought about thinking about wanting to know are answered here. You'll be missing out big time if you don't take a peek!

(For instance, did you know that long ago, before squash was eaten, the gourds were used for dishes? Bet you didn't!)


Check it out HERE!


Thoughts? Comments? Let me know!



Until next time - - 



No comments:

Post a Comment