Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Magnolia Market's Power Balls Recipe

Shiplap, #DemoDay and Farmhouses - oh my!

If you're like me, you're totally into Chip and Jojo, and the Southern dynasty they've built through their show and Magnolia Market.

Did you know that Joanna also has a blog? Yes, it's true! And yes, I'll wait while you go check it out.

Here's the link.


...


...Insert Elevator Music... 


...


Back? Great! Told you I'd wait.


If you didn't see it while you were there, don't miss her Power Balls recipe. 






I made these today, and not only are they really easy (no baking!) but they're also relatively healthy. I'm not sure what makes them healthy, but I used a lot of funny ingredients (flaxseeds, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut...) and most of the packages said "organic," so I'm going to eat them sans-guilt.

I made a few alterations to the ingredients in mine, which are noted below:



Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup of flax seed
  • 2 tsp of chia seeds
  • 2/3 cup toasted coconut (I used unsweetened)
  • 1/3 cup organic peanut butter (I used 2/3 cup peanut butter because our almond butter is labeled "Piper" - enough said)
  • 1/2 cup organic almond butter (see above note)
  • a sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup of miniature chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (I'm out, so I skipped this ingredient altogether. You should use it. Don't be lazy. Don't be like me.)
  • *add a TBSP of vanilla protein for an extra boost! (I didn't do this for the same reason I didn't use vanilla extract)


See the directions (and much better, prettier pictures) in Joanna's post --> here





Enjoy!


PS: Hope you had a great Halloween! I made Mummy Dogs for dinner. Click here to see a picture on Instagram! How 'bout you follow me while you're there? I promise lots of pictures of food and my dog.

PPS: Happy November!



Until next time - - 

2 comments:

  1. Good article, your sharing is so nice, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout
    out and say I truly enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you
    suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete