Friday, June 12, 2015

Sponsor Q&A with Rachel Nordgren

Hi there, and happy Friday!

As I've mentioned already, I have a Lemon Drop Sponsor this month! It is none other than the fabulous Rachel Nordgren! Please skip over there and check out her website and her blog if you aren't familiar with Rachel (or even if you are). She's awesome!







Enjoy this Q&A with Rachel and I hope this helps you get to know her a little better.


YDD: Who in your life do you most admire? Why?
RN: I really admire my husband, Hans. That's probably a cheesy answer, but it's true! He teaches 6th grade math at a middle school in a rough neighborhood, and he has an amazing capacity to still believe in those students even when society doesn't believe in them.

YDD: Name one new skill you'd like to learn.
RN: Oh gosh. This is embarrassing, but I'm 23 years old and I don't know how to curl my hair! I need to learn!

YDD: What is your all-time favorite book?
RN: I don't think I could pick an all-time favorite (reading is a biiiig passion of mine!) but I am loving "Make It Happen" by Lara Casey right now!

YDD: Do you have any siblings?
RN: Yes! I have one younger sister who is adopted from China.

YDD: Chocolate or Vanilla?
RN: Vanilla...if I'm going to have chocolate, I'd prefer it in bar form ;)

YDD: If you could meet up with anyone for coffee, living or deceased, who would it be?
RN: C.S. Lewis, because I feel like it would be the most mind-blowing coffee date of my life.

YDD: Describe your perfect Saturday.
RN: Sleep in and snuggle with Hans, make a big breakfast, and then go to the Farmer's Market. Grab coffee together and then spend the afternoon at home, reading or writing. We'd take Banjo (our dog) for a walk and then meet up with some friends for dinner!

YDD: What was your first email address or screen name?
RN: I think it was danishwarmblood74...I was really into horses at the time...

YDD: Name one item you carry with you everywhere, all the time.
RN: Chapstick. Chapped lips can ruin my day faster than anything.

YDD: Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, what?
RN: Downton Abbey and donuts. Preferably together. In large quantities.
(yes, girl. yes.)

YDD: Why do you blog?

RN: I blog because God gave me the gift of writing. As in, He gave me writing as a gift through which to express myself and think through things and as a way to create. I can't not write! I also blog because I love connecting with like minded women and being inspired and challenged by them on the daily. Blogging is a phenomenal, blossoming community that I am humbled and thrilled to play a very, very small part in!



I told you she's awesome! Go connect and say hello:

Instagram
Google +
Pinterest
Twitter


Until next time - - 


6 comments:

  1. her husband does sound so inspirational! i hope to be that type of teacher someday :) and i can't curl my hair either, so...i feel her on that one, too. this was such a fun post idea, morgan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we should start a "can't curl my hair" club ;) And I agree - her hubs sounds awesome!

      Delete
  2. Haha Julie - I'm so glad I'm not alone! Thank you SO much for having me "over", Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for answering my laundry list of questions! I'm a very curious (aka nosey) person :)

      Delete
  3. I find it very interesting that she put CS Lewis as the person she'd have coffee with. What a unique (but awesome!) answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Such a great answer (and to be a fly on the wall during that coffee date...) :)

      Delete