Monday, October 13, 2014

It's Fall, Y'all!

So, it's October, and although for the last few days here in SC it hasn't felt like it, I know the cool weather will be back again soon. Fall is my very favorite season - I love the clothes, the food, the smells, and the anticipation of the holidays just around the corner. 


Source

Here is a list of pictures and fall ideas from Pinterest that make me even more excited that fall is here! (Click here to visit my Pinterest page, and follow my boards to keep up with my latest pins!)

- - - 

Up near my mom in NC, there is an apple orchard. They have a shop with the most delicious apples, apple fritters, apple pies, apple butter, apple cider...you name it. Nothing says fall like an apple orchard, and this picture looks like an ideal spot to pick apples and to sit for a nice afternoon picnic in the cool, autumn weather.

Source: UNKNOWN

Who doesn't love the smells of fall? Candles, food, burning wood, cool weather - they all have distinct smells that make you want to curl up on the couch with your favorite blanket and a great book. Here's a "potpourri" recipe that I will definitely be trying this season!

Source

"Tablescape" - it's a word that gets thrown around a lot, but I don't typically do much decorating for my table. This picture might just inspire me to give it more effort - it's beautiful! I'd love to sit down for a meal at this table.

 
Source

Festive AND chocolate? I say yes. Definitely yes.
My sister used to make something similar (both Halloween and Easter versions), and they were delish. If I attend anything for Halloween and need to take a dish, this may just be it.


I'd say one of the very best things about fall is that I finally get to bust out my boots and sweaters. I love spring and summer, but fall clothes are just where my heart lies! This outfit looks both cute and comfortable, perfect for apple picking, pumpkin carving, hay rides, and the fair!

Source: UNKNOWN

What are your favorite things about fall? 


Until next time - - 


2 comments:

  1. So beyond ready for some fall weather!! I get crazy looks down here at the beach, wearing boots when it's 85 degrees! Bring on the scarves, mama has new boots to break in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hear you! I can't stand it anymore. Come on out, boots!

      Delete