Monday, February 2, 2015

And Then There Were Three

Our family has expanded!

No, I didn't have a baby, nor am I expecting. But we did get a puppy! It is my extreme pleasure to introduce you to Piper, the newest member of the Lewis family (please excuse the poor picture quality from my phone)!




Let me start by saying that I have been wanting a puppy since Spencer and I got married in June 2012. He travels quite a bit for work, and I thought a puppy would be great to keep me company. Spencer wasn't sold, though, because of the amount of work and responsibility that comes along with a dog (valid point). Last week, out of the blue, Spencer told me he was not opposed to getting a puppy any longer! Needless to say, exactly one week later I was signing adoption papers for little Piper. Yay!

We adopted Piper through the North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue in Charlotte, NC. I left work early on Friday afternoon to drive up and see her - and to bring her home!


My friend, Alyssa, lives in Charlotte and went with me to see Piper (formerly Delilah at the rescue, and Snowflake in her foster home). She loved her just as much as I did! Here is Alyssa holding her when we got back into the car.






Piper wasn't quite sure what to think, and I can't say she loved the car ride. She cried a bit, and slept a bit. Hopefully she will get accustomed to car rides the more we take them!


It took a day or so, but she seems to be coming out of her shell. Piper loves squeaky toys (thanks to Golden Retriever cousin, Titan, for the squeaky bone toy!) and she loves her Nylabone. I must also brag on her, as she has only had one accident! She pooped on the bathroom floor overnight, but otherwise she potties when we go outside, and she uses the piddle pad quite well! I am so impressed.






You can expect to see Piper from now on throughout the blog. I'll try to keep it to a minimum, but she's just so darn cute. I mean, just look at her and Spencer hanging out watching the Super Bowl in his man room. I'm melting!






I'm just wondering how I will manage to get out the door for work and leave this sweet girl behind. Maybe I can sneak her in my purse. ;) 


Also, congratulations to @erikalynn337, the winner of our $100 Target card via the Instagram giveaway! 

Until next time - - 




12 comments:

  1. Oh that face.....such a sweet, sweet face! Such a doll! I love dogs, I have 2 of my own and I can't imagine a home without them. Piper will be a huge part of your family. Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a feeling we will enjoy her very much. I hated leaving her behind this morning - it's so hard to leave a crying puppy!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That makes 2 of us! She's such a doll, I can't get enough!! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. PRECIOUS!!! She's so so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! She is so fun to watch pounce and prance around the house - if only she weren't always searching for something to chew on. ;) haha

      Delete
  4. Oh she's so cute!!! Congrats on your new little addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! We are loving having her with us - she's so spunky :)

      Delete
  5. Piper is adorable! Can't wait to see more photos. Just found your blog and think it's super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's hard to discipline with that face :) haha. Glad you found me and welcome! Hope you stick around!

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a precious little ham! Piper is so adorable. Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! She's been so fun to have around - and so full of energy, it's hard to keep up! haha

      Delete